Corvus' Miniatures

Painted sf & fantasy miniatures by Gerrie Schenck

Experimental Terminator

In my last post I told you about two new products from Vallejo: washes and pigments.

I was very curious about the pigments especially, but at the same time I was aware that they would require a lot of practice to get used to. There are also plenty of options to use them: dry, mixed with water, with other paints and mediums ...

So it was time for some experimenting. My victim was an Assault on Black Reach Terminator which I got free with a White Dwarf half a year ago or so.

First part of my experiment was the paint scheme I had in mind for some time. It involved an off-white (platinum) shaded with a reddish brown and highlighted with white. The base features some Army Painter barbed wire.

When all the basic painting was done it was time to apply the pigments. I applied them dry and at first I only wanted to put some on the legs, but it looked so good I brushed a light coat all over the Terminator. I also put a lot of the stuff on the base, and this creates a really realistic look in my opinion.

Although the painting isn't top-notch I'm happy about the final results.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Facebook

Corvus' Miniatures on Facebook