Corvus' Miniatures

Painted sf & fantasy miniatures by Gerrie Schenck

A new challenge: Imperial Valkyrie

It has literally been years since I last did a Warhammer 40k vehicle at a showcase painting level. But now I want to take on the challenge again: two weeks ago I bought the new Imperial Valkyrie.

Today I finished the assembly, which was quite straightforward. Everything fits very well and most parts are really big and easy to handle. GW did make one mistake however: if you're looking for the small bits that go underneath the wings (above side doors): don't waste your time, there not on the sprues.

I left some parts off to make painting easier: the canopy (of course), the crew members' bodies, the landing gear and the armaments underneath the wings.

I already have a paint scheme in mind... it's going to be quite simple because painting this vehicle in just one color is going to take up really much time. I plan on using more Vallejo Pigments and use some techniques from classic military modeling.

If you're interested in all the latest news on the Valkyrie: follow me on Twitter. You can also see the latest Twitter updates in the sidebar on this very blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Facebook

Corvus' Miniatures on Facebook